Monday, March 8, 2010

Last Day

Today was our last day of our trip. It may have been short, but we really enjoyed ourselves. We ended up taking a guided trolley tour to learn more about the history of the city. It was fantastic. Very informative, and with the 72 degree weather, it was a perfect way to end our mini vacation.

Thanks for checking in. Our next trip (fingers crossed) 'should' be at the end of April. Marnin has a conference in Orlando. Since it's when I finish my animation course, we thought it would be a perfect way to celebrate. I'm not celebrating the fact that I'm finishing, because as you know, I'm a professional student! I'm celebrating the fact that I got the chance to learn what I've always wanted to learn. So, what will I do upon graduating? I'm going to DISNEY LAND! Um, yeah...old reference.


We found a great place that sold all sorts of unique antiques. This is a picture of the most amazing hand painted (as well as photographed) slides. I bought a few amazing pieces of cartoon strips. Lucky find!


In case you want to park your horse...


FYI: Savannah is the birthplace of Juliette Low, founder of the Girl Scouts.



Found a comic shop! Oh yes...I bought a graphic novel. You know me so well.


Have you seen the movie 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil'? I saw parts of it the other night for the first time. It was filmed here, and trust me, you know it when you come to visit! It's everywhere!
We toured the Mercer Williams House. It was really interesting, even though I didn't know the back story. We ended up making the last tour, but missed the first part. The tour guide (originally from Buffalo) was so sweet. He let everyone else leave, and gave us our own private tour from the beginning so we wouldn't miss anything.


Ornate iron fencing.


This is Savannah's smallest house. Apparently it has only 1 room, and is up for sale. If you're interested, it's going for $279,000.


Purple house. Reminds me of some of the houses in Rochester, NY.


The Lady & Son's, Paula Deen's restaurant. It was booked up (as it always is), but we got to go into the gift shop. I wish she was there. That woman is adorable! If you're not sure who she is, Google her.


The Six Pence British pub. We ended up having lunch there today. Apparently it was in the movie, 'Something to Talk About'. I haven't seen it, but I guess Julia Roberts found her husband (Dennis Quaid) with another woman in there. No idea, but great portobella sandwich!


That's it for now. We're off to Buffalo tomorrow, via North Charlotte. I don't think you need to see pics of Buffalo! ;)
See y'all real soon!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment